SUNDAY SCHOOL and LENT
Each Sunday during Lent (Beginning March 5) we will combine all of the "under 18" Sunday school classes for skits, stories, games, and other activities that will help us prepare our hearts and minds for Lent and Easter. We will meet VERY briefly in the sanctuary and then move to the fellowship hall. PLEASE BE ON TIME! 9:15.
We will be looking for victims.. er I mean volunteers to play various part and take various roles throughout the season.
What is more fun than a week at summer camp and more satisfying than a service project week in Pittsburgh?
DIACONOS at Camp Kirchenwald in Lebanon!
Combine the fun of summer camp, the opportunity to serve others in a variety of meaningful and satisfying ways, Bible devotions and other spiritual activities specifically for youth and you have DIACONOS.
WHEN: August 6-12, 2017
WHERE: Camp Kirchenwald 1 Cut Off Road, Lebanon, PA
WHO: All youth currently in grades 6-12.
COST: Covered by the church
HOW: See or call Lenora by MARCH 5 for a list of available experiences and activities or visit https://
click on “info packet” to the right.
Some of the service projects include: (We choose the projects we want to do)
• Spend a day tending a farm to help end hunger in Lancaster County
• Be a buddy to someone with special needs
• Work around the campgrounds for a day
• Serving a meal at the Ronald McDonald House
• Spend a day with the elderly playing bingo or doing other activities with them
• Help children and adults with disabilities with horseback riding and caring for the horses.
• Help at a food bank
• Spend the day learning and helping to repair and recycle bicycles.
• Catering to children of inner-city families, you’ll plan and lead activities for the youth, join them in swimming, and simply provide some much appreciated attention and care.
• Show Christian hospitality to refugee families by cleaning or furnishing their new homes in preparation to their arrival. Work may also include collecting and organizing donations, or various other tasks to prepare for families.
• Helping out at the Governor Dick Environmental Center.
As for Camping Activities there are:
Climbing Tower/High Ropes Low Ropes Circuit
Swimming Group Building Initiatives
Mountain Biking Buzzard’s Rocks
Field Games Dinosaur Rocks Arts & Crafts Nature Study
Canoeing in the Pond Campfire Worship
The Adventure shop, The Jigger Shop and Hershey Park are all possibilities for day trips as well.
So, you can see it will be a fun, busy, adventurous and spiritual week, one we are counting on spending with you!
The deadline to register is Sunday, March 5.